Economic development is focused on building a strong, vibrant local community. Businesses and the jobs they create are critical components of strong economies. Supporting the retention and expansion of local businesses is fundamental to achieving community sustainability and growth.
Individuals are the heart of our community and essential to growth. Instilling a sense of community, we offer a wide variety of resources and promotional materials to support the attraction and retention of people.
- Online or printed comprehensive relocation packages are available at no cost
- We provide access to promotional materials including a digital photo library, Brandon display banners, information pieces and presentations
- Economic development delivers community tours for skilled professional interviewing for positions in Brandon
- Trailing partner referrals – when a skilled person accepts a job in Brandon and has a partner who is also seeking employment we send their CV out via our networks explaining the job their partner filled in the community and encouraging employers to connect with the partner if they have an opening that matches their skill set
- Connecting employers to workforce related resources (grant programs, educational institutions and sometimes
In providing data on what is happening in the workforce including unemployment rates, trends, initiatives underway or being planned we can assist connecting employers with new hires.