Get into a spring mood with this delicious springtime hummus bowl with roasted veggies. Hummus is filled with vitamins and nutrients and the roasted veggies give you something to dip in! Filled with fresh summer balance … a perfect mix to add with refreshing chilled lemon water or your fave glass of white wine.
For the Hummus:
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more if needed)
1/3 cup tahini
Salt + pepper to taste
For the Bowl:
1 bunch of asparagus spears (trimmed and halved)
1 zucchini, cut into long slices
1 large Sweet Potato, cut into long slices
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
Whole wheat pita bread, cut into triangles
Garnish: fresh chives or parsley
- Place all the ingredients for the hummus in a food processor and puree until smooth. If the mixture seems dry, add some more Olive Oil.
- Heat your oven to 425°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place your sliced vegetables on them. Drizzle each baking sheet of vegetables with about 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Mix them with your hands so that all the vegetables are coated with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven. The asparagus and zucchini will be done first, so you can remove them after about 15 minutes. The sweet potatoes will need more time, about 25 minutes. Set the roasted vegetables aside.
- Place a scoop of hummus in the center of a shallow bowl. Place the roasted vegetables around the hummus.
- Add in the pita slices.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve!